25 Things Fast Food Restaurants Don’t Want You To Know.
In this fast-paced world many people gravitate towards fast food because it’s quick and easy.
But have you ever taken the time to think about what you are actually eating?
It’s no secret that the big corporations that produce the fast foods you’re eating have no problems cutting corners just to make a quick buck.
Your health is not their interest. Here is a list of 25 things fast food restaurants do not want you to know about, told by fast food workers:
25. Those grill marks on your burgers were put on when being processed at in the factory.
24. The french fries are usually not fresh. One way is to make sure they are, is to order them without salt. They’ll have to cook a fresh batch and you can add your own salt on later.
23. That chili you ordered is usually made out of the leftover hamburger meat.
22. Most restaurants salads contain just as many calories as one Big Mac.
21. Next time you get a drink out of the soda fountain, look up the ice chute. Quite often you can find mold.
20. Just about 50% of restaurant fountain drink dispensers have fecal bacteria on them.
19. Those pictures and videos of food on these fast food commercials, they are airbrushed and touched up with fiberglass. It takes two hours to set up just one hamburger.
18. In fast food restaurants, a lot of kitchen employees surprisingly follow the “10 second rule.”
17. Fast food restaurants throw away an incredible amount of unused food every night.
16. At some restaurants, including Taco Bell, the food carries over to the next day for serving.
15. Restaurants of the same chain can have vastly different standards and quality. Usually depends upon the management.
14. All fast food workers are supposed to wear gloves when they prepare food, but most of the time nobody follows that rule. Sometimes they tend to handle money, then immediately handle your food.
13. Next time take a look around the parking lot, the bathroom or sitting area of a restaurant. If it is dirty, imagine what the places you can’t see look like, especially the kitchen.
12. In 1970 around $6 billion was spent on fast food. Today that number is up to $200 billion.
11. The soft drinks that you drink are marked up by 1200%. That syrup in your coke costs the fast food companies only a couple of pennies.
10. Some fast food milkshakes can easily contain over 50 different kinds of chemicals.
9. Fast food companies load up with high fructose corn syrup because it’s cheaper than sweetener. It also will trick your body into wanting more of it. They know this, and continue to do it to keep you coming back for more.
8. Lots of places around closing time will give you decaf coffee whether you order it that way or not. They do this because they don’t want to clean two different coffee pots.
7. If you get a lemon in your drink you better be careful. Often the employees will not wash their hands. They just lay out the lemons, cut them up, and serve them. That’s why tests have proven to show large amounts of fecal matter on lemon slices.
6. Cashiers are not supposed to tell you how many calories are in your dish, even if they know it. They are supposed to tell you that “All that information is available online.”
5. Fast food restaurants scrambled eggs are made out of a premixed powder-concentrate and water.
4. Lots of times fast food companies salads are made several days in advance and just sit in the refrigerator until someone orders it.
3. Just one hamburger can contain meat from 100 different cows.
2. Faster companies are one of the top exploiters of cheap labor. They actively engage in anti-union activities.
1. Fast food companies load up their kids meals with extra sugar to make them more appealing to kids. Adding sugar to pizza crust is not unusual.
Some of the things listed above may not come as such a shock to you. But hopefully you will keep these things in mind as you run out for that quick meal. These are only the top 25 issues reported by current and former fast food employees. If you open your eyes and do some research, you will see that eating fast food is not as sanitary as you think.