Boy Dies By Electrocution Using Cell Phone While Charging

Boy Dies By Electrocution Using Cell Phone While Charging. Please be aware of the potential dangers of using a cell phone while it is charging. A young boy in Miami Florida, was charging his cell phone when a call came in. He answered the phone as it was plugged into the electric outlet at his home. imageJust a few seconds after answering the call the electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed into the room only to find him unconscious, with a weam heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the University of Miami Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

 

Although you are far more likely to get struck by lightning, give birth to quadruplets or be an Olympic medal winner it is still very likely this injury could happen to you. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) offers this sound advice:

  • Do not use third-party batteries
  • Avoid hot places and storing batteries near metal
  • Check productsafety.gov for personal safety concerns

CLICK HERE —> TO LIKE DAILY BUZZ LIVE ON FACEBOOK!

 

Daily Buzz Live