Hospitals Report An Increase In Alcohol Poisoning In Children Due To Hand Sanitizer Consumption

Hospitals Seeing An Increase In Alcohol Poisoning In Children Due To Hand Sanitizer Consumption.

Halle Butler, 4 years old, was rushed to the emergency room by her father for being severely lethargic and incoherent.

He was called to her school by the secretary for being “very very sick.”

When he arrived to school, Halle was barely sitting in the chair, unable to hold up her own head or focus her eyes.

The little girl was immediately rushed to the emergency room where they ran blood tests, x-rays and several other examinations.

However, all the tests that they ran on little Halle came back negative. According to doctors, nothing was out of the ordinary.

That’s when Halle’s parents heard from her teacher who questioned classmates about what might have happened.

The children said she had gotten a hold of the hand sanitizer in class and was licking it off her hands.

The doctors pursued further testing, which included her blood alcohol level. The doctors could not believe what they saw! The results were that her blood-alcohol level was 85%; this was 6 hours after she was first admitted into the emergency room.

This hospital may have been naïve to the results of alcohol poisoning by hand sanitizer, but according to several hospitals across the country this is nothing new.

Children, very curious, get a hold of these hand sanitizers, use them on their hands and put their fingers in their mouths.

In excess, this can lead to severe alcohol poisoning.  Doctors report that it only takes three squirts of hand sanitizer to be fatal to a toddler.

In Halle’s Case, her blood alcohol level was so high that it could compare to someone her size drinking 120 proof liquor.

Please send this to everyone you know that has children or having children. It doesn’t matter what age. They just need to know the dangers of hand sanitizers.

Please keep out of the reach of your children!



Daily Buzz Live