Jack Pendleton was dining at a T.G.I.F. in Clifton Park, New York, and somehow a rotting snake head, pictured above, wound its way into his side order of broccoli.
He writes: “I was at Friday’s for dinner last night and I ordered a side of vegetables instead of the fries that came with my Jack Daniel’s chicken sandwich. I picked at the broccoli and string beans a little but focused on the sandwich first. After the sandwich was done, I dug into the veggies. I wasn’t too alarmed when I came across a gray mass under the broccoli. Many restaurants include mushrooms in their veggie selection. It was when I noticed the green spots, and then the mouth that I became disgusted. It was a decomposed reptile head. Roughly the size of my thumb from center knuckle to nail. The eye sockets were rotted and black, bits of spine and tendons were hanging out of the neck, and the skull plate was showing through the missing skin on the forehead. I took a couple pics with my cell camera, but they don’t do it justice. When I told the waiter he thought I was joking until I pulled my hand from over the top of the thing. At which point he started to gag. And of course the manager was apologetic and paid for our entire meal. I worked in a restaurant, but the most I ever had to see behind the scenes was hair or maybe an insect in the salad bar stuff. This was a whole other level.