Toddler Hospitalized After Ingesting Mold Found In GoGo SqueeZ.
A 1 year old boy was hospitalized recently after he ate a “rotten GoGo SqueeZ” his mother bought for him. The package advertises it’s “All Natural 100% Squeezable Apple Sauce. Super Delicious, Supper Healthy and Super Fun!”
But delicious, healthy and fun was not what this little boy experienced with his GoGo Squeeze. He ended up in the hospital with an IV due to intoxication. The irate mother, Lourdes Fernandez, took to the GoGo SqueeZ Facebook page to voice her concerns. She reports that they have deleted her posts.
Fernandez then writes another post on their Facebook page that has now gone viral across the social media network. It reads:
“I would like to know why you deliberately took down the post I made this morning about the GoGo pouch that my one-year-old son ate. He is currently being treated in the hospital with an IV due to intoxication. All the pouches in the box were ROTTEN, all with the date of March 2015. Is this how you respond to a customers concern? By making sure you delete the post so it doesn’t continue to spread? Why do you create a Facebook page so that we can provide our feedback? Shouldn’t it be for the good or for the bad? Not everything is peaches and cream! And a good company must acknowledge that. You keep the nice and good posts. Why do you delete the ones that aren’t just as nice? I am just doing the right job by creating awareness so that parents can be more cautious before giving it to their kids.”
GoGo SqueeZ did respond on their Facebook page with an update to their community. It states:
“The safety of our products and the well-being of our consumers are our top priorities, which our rigorous manufacturing and quality control protocols help to ensure. All of our products are preservative free which means in rare instances, common food mold can develop if products are exposed to air for a prolonged period of time. This is similar to what can be experienced with fruit. At GoGo SqueeZ we stand behind our products 100% we appreciate your comments and suggestions, and as always, if you have any questions or concerns about our products, we urge you to reach out to us.”
So if you are a parent, what would you do? Do you still plan to feed these squeezable fruit pouches to your children? Or will you share this across the Internet to warn other parents? You decide!